My family L.O.V.E.S. pulled pork. I have a usual recipe that cooks pork tenderloins in the crock pot with coffee, beef broth , garlic etc. I went to http://www.allrecipes.com/ to find it and stumbled across a easier, cheaper version. It was yummy too.
Easy Pulled Pork
3-4 pound pork butt roast
1 cup root beer
1 large tablespoon mince garlic
Put all in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours, season with salt and pepper. Drain off most of the juices, shred with 2 forks and add your favorite barbecue sauce. Cook on low in crock pot for another hour or so. Serve on toasted buns.
My kids were thrilled with the left over root beer too!

5 comments:
If you add sliced onions while you're cooking the pork, it helps extend the meat, and since you've cooked it all together, you can't taste the onions once the pork is shredded.
My son's been bugging me to try to make pulled pork. At last I've found a super-easy recipe. Thanks! This will be my crockpot meal for next week! (Or, at least when I get the pork on sale, LOL!)
great idea meghan. I tend to sneak all kind of things in meals, the kids never notice.
thanks
tia
Oh, that looks SO yummy! (Pic is great. :))Thanks for sharing it with my Tasty Tuesday readers. Please add in a link so that everyone can join in the fun.
making this tonight to take to carry-in dinner at church tomorrow!
Post a Comment