3rd benefit from Psalm 103.... certainly not the only benefits which we receive from our Lord!
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
BENEFIT #3:
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
I just need to say wow. We all have desires. Some are true needs and some are just wishful. Yet here it plainly says desires it does not say "needs". Here chomp on this....
Our Lord knows our desires and satisfies them with GOOD things. I think we all understand that some of our desires can be met with "not so good" things. In fact sometimes we choose to meet these desires with some very damaging and unhealthy things. Clearly though we need to rely on our Lord to meet our desires. I am guessing (cuz i certainly dont have this figured out) that this will require patience and faith.
He is our Great Satisfier.
And then the reference of renewing our youth to soar like an eagle.... How awesome is that?
I am beginning to claim Psalm 103 as my favorite passage of Scripture.
Hope you enjoyed.
Jb

No comments:
Post a Comment