Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Things I loved about Costa Rica

It seems my computer does not like long blogs, so I am doing a bunch of small ones.

1. The landscape- the mountains, flowers,trees, rainforest,etc were just magnificent. I would be working on the project and look up to see us surrounded by mountains and just thank God for His creation.
2. The weather- The weather was in the 70's everyday. It was their winter (rainy) season while we were there. It rained most afternoons, but not usually for long. The sun was hot and strong, but there was always a breeze and we all wore lots of sunscreen. It got down in the high 60's at night. Perfect.
3. The people- most people we came in contact with at the project were kind and had beautiful smiles. They were patient with us and truly appreciated us. The loved God with a Faith I have never seen before.
4. Music- I fell in love with their music and loved worshipping with them. They sent home a CD with us, I love it.
5. Tico time- the people of Costa Rica are known as Tico's. We are Gringos. Ticos are generally 15 minutes late for everything and very laid back- I fit right in.
6.Food- I never thought I would like beans and rice for 3 meals a day, but I did. The food was really good. Their fruits (which we can't get here) were really yummy. I loved their tea(or te) every morning too.
7. Amy would say "chike blak's" a cookie she ate everyday at break at the work site. We brought some home for her small group at church.

No comments: