Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Things I love about the USA

1. Noise ordinances- Costa Rica is SOO loud, all night long. Dogs bark all night, car alarms etc. very inconsiderate if you ask me.
2. Emissions laws- The car exhaust was horrible, almost sickening. With gas at $8 a gallon there, you would think there wouldn't be many cars, but there are. Lots of buses, and motorcycles too.
3. Chocolate- No one does rich desserts like we do. No Hershey bars even(or hersheyo if you use my spanglish:)
4. English language- I have a new understanding for non English speaking persons- so hard. I am so lame too, why did I take French? When I go back I want to know more Spanish. My spanglish just didn't cut it.
5.Flushing toilet paper- The septic system in Costa Rica does not allow toilet paper, you must throw it in the trash. Hard habit to break- enough said.
6. Right now I love the Olympics- so much fun to watch. I love amateur sports in general, so this is just great for me. These kids work so hard.
7. Safety- a general feeling a safety on the streets especially. We couldn't travel even to the store down the street without a male escort. Regulations on the water slides and so forth were lacking as well. I take these regulations for granted so much in the US.

No comments: