Be careful what you wish for.
I have been wanting just one or two days free to get some much needed cleaning done. Joe and the boys went to a basketball tourney Saturday and Sunday, and the girls and I stayed home. The girls had some events and things going on that we didn't want to miss. I hate not going to the bball games, but it is needed sometimes.
The girls and I had fun shopping 3 different Goodwill's and a consignment shop. We found lots of great finds. We even found Amy's prom dress for $75, so that was a score. It is modest and looks great on her.
After shopping I got to work cleaning. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Sad to say it doesn't look much different! But I feel so much better about it. All of the little things I don't normally have time to do, got done.
I cleaned all of the drains (I'm weird),
scrubbed the bathrooms from ceiling to floor,
cleaned out my linen closet and a bunch of cabinets,
changed out all of the our flannel sheets because I am sick of winter,
dusted,
cleaned out the kids totes and found many of the "I can't find it" items,
cleaned and organized our bedroom,
purged a bit,
blew out the garage of all the leaves and dirt,
cleaned out the magazine pile,
grocery shopped,
hosted 5 teenage girls for a sleepover,
cleaned the top of the refrigerator off (gross, by the way),
and did 1 million loads of laundry.
This list isn't meant to impress, but to help me remember what all I did! My legs were hurting last night!
On to menus:
Monday
Steak fajitas
chips and salsa
Tuesday
Crock pot potato soup
bread
salad
Wednesday
Crock pot chicken teriyaki( I still haven't made this :)
rice
Thursday
Italian baked chicken
green beans
boiled potatoes
Friday
Pizza
I made up a Tortellini Soup last Friday when I didn't have time to use the crock pot version. It was so yummy!
1 box of chicken broth
1 bar of cream cheese
2 T minced garlic
2 cans, undrained, Italian diced tomatoes
2 cups milk
1 package frozen tortellini
2 cups tore up baby spinach leaves
1 pound turkey sausage
Brown the sausage then add broth and CC. Stir until cream cheese is melted. Add the rest of the ingredients except the tortellini. Cook tortellini according to package directions and then add to soup. Cook until all ingredients are incorporated. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan.
It was a hit with everyone. Aaron and Ann picked out the tomatoes of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment