Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Menus and a recipe

Busy, busy weekend, but fun too.

Baseball, soccer, and track made it fun for the kids.  I love watching them have fun playing sports.  When they have improved and have some success, the look on their face is priceless.  Aaron got 2 Personal record times on Friday at the county meet.  That is a wonderful thing about track, he came in 5th and 3rd, but he had 2 PR's, so it wasn't disappointing.  His time for the 1600 meters was 4:53 and for the 2400 m was 7:50.  He was thrilled, I love watching him run! 

Annie has been working so hard on her soccer and it has really clicked this year.  She has a great coach, and he has really pushed her and gave her confidence!  She had 3 goals! In the heat she played in, it was surprising that her asthma didn't bother her more! 

Andrew is in baseball and he is not sure he will be returning next year.  It is a frustrating sport for him, feast or famine.  His attention span can be short when he is in the outfield. Watching him finally get his hitting going and getting a triple was great.  I had just got to the game, so I told him he just needed his Momma there.  It made him smile, even though they got beat! He loves basketball, so he may just stick to that.

Amy skipped her game to go to a photo shoot we gave her for her birthday.  It was a shoot of Amy and 4 of her best friends.  They had a blast doing it and we can't wait to see the pictures!  She got licensed as a lifeguard this weekend too, so she is set for her summer job coaching a neighborhood swim team!

I literally ran from event to event, did laundry and cleaned the house.  Cooking for us and a few guests thrown in too.  I went to bed last night and told Joe I just felt weary.  He said "why?". hmmmmm? I wonder.

Monday
Flat iron steak
salad
strawberries(I bought some from the upick, I "picked" them from their table :)
grilled zucchini

Tuesday
meatballs in the crock pot
baked beans
strawberries

Wednesday
leftover grilled chicken in a salad

Thursday
chicken sausage on the grill
green beans
macaroni and cheese

Friday
Dinner at a friends(with a pool! whoohoo)

Recipe:
Grilled chicken Marinade

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 packet steak seasoning ( we have used Montreal and Luau, both where good)
1/4 cup brown sugar.

marinade chicken for at least an hour or overnight

We had this , this weekend and it was so good.  I used it on chicken tenderloins and they cooked quick and browned beautifully!

No comments: