Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Menus and more

We had a great weekend full of birthdays, and family.  Lunch yesterday was for 15 with my mom and mother in law both in attendance.  Who knows how many more years we will have that.  We celebrated Amy's 16th and mothers.  Steaks on the grill (which broke, and I spent the day Saturday running all over looking for a part!) hamburgers and hotdogs too, Caesar salad, macaroni salad, fruit tray, veggie tray, grilled asparagus,rolls and angel food cake with strawberries and raspberries.  Yummy!  The kids gave me a scrapbook that Annie made with lists of why they love me from each of the kids.  It is pretty funny and I will cherish it forever! Joe got me a chai from Starbucks and then we all worked together to get the house ready for our guests!  It was actually a relaxing day, the weather was gorgeous and we spent it outside and on our back porch. 
I felt very blessed to be able to host, to have everyone there, to make the mothers happy, to have all my kids home.  I always dreamt of having a big family and days to spend together.  Yesterday was a dream like day, even if they still fought!  That is part of my life right now and it won't last forever.  This season of parenting we are in is hard.  We are so busy, running around and keeping up.  Work this year has been a hard adjustment, mostly for me.  I still want to do everything, but I have far less time to do it in. Remembering what is important and having the right perspective has helped me tremendously.  Prayer too.  I drove home from the grocery store on mothers day, feeling a bit sorry for myself.  Facebook showed all these other moms getting ipads, pampered, dinner out etc.  It is easy to fall into the comparison game.  I prayed for peace and perspective. God delivered and reminded me that we all have troubles and I don't want to be in another family.  He put me right where I  am for a reason.  I may not be the princess anymore in my family, but Jesus is always my King and I will always be His princess.

Onto a lighter note--Menus

Monday
Spaghetti and meatballs- a gift from a friend
Leftover turkey and bacon shish kabobs
strawberries and raspberries

Tuesday
Tacos

Wednesday
Taco salad

Thursday
Chicken Caesar salad
Chicken fettuccine Alfredo.

Friday
County meet, probably eat out.

Saturday
at the ballpark all day
Dinner at a friends

Sunday
who knows!

We have a big track week this week, so carb loading a bit.

No comments: