Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yummy Morning

Our small group met today, always one of my favorites.  We had brunch, so yummmy!
This is what I brought for breakfast- super yummy! Super fattening, lets not talk about that though.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel syrup

1 cup  Flour


2 teaspoons Baking Powder

½ teaspoons Salt

1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

½ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg

¼ teaspoons Ground Allspice

⅛ teaspoons Ground Cloves, Scant

2 whole Eggs

1 cup Buttermilk( I add vinegar to milk)

3 Tablespoons Applesauce Or Vegetable Oil

1 Tablespoon Honey

½ cups Pumpkin Puree

1 cup mini chocolate chips

 1. Preheat skillet until water drops sizzle and disappear, or 350ºF on an electric skillet. In a batter bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Whisk together.


2. Add eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, honey and pumpkin puree. Whisk together until combined. Do not overbeat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if the batter is very, very thick.

3. Pour batter onto the skillet and flip when small bubbles form on top. Cook another 3 minutes or so until the other side is golden brown. Do not take off the griddle too early—these  pancakes tend to take longer to cook than regular pancakes, but watch them they burn easy.
I doubled this recipe for our family.


Caramel Syrup
1 cup Butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 T corn syrup
2T rum(optional) I didn't use.

Boil 1 minute.


 
Not the greatest picture, but oh so yummy!

2 comments:

LaVonne said...

This sounds so great. My family would love this. And it is perfect for fall.

Thanks for sharing it with us at WFMW. I appreciate it.

Blessings,
LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Emily @ Simply Thrifty Living said...

Wow, these sound so yummy! I love all things pumpkin, chocolate chip, and caramel...the combination sounds divine! :) Thanks for sharing on WFMW!