Thursday, September 15, 2011

22 days and counting....

photo courtesy of Ecosalon
Joe and I will be leaving for a week long trip to Haiti in just a short 22 days!  I am both scared and excited.


Worried about how the kids will do with Grandparents and our hectic schedule! 


Worried about doing, seeing, feeling the unknown.  I have never done medical care in a 4th world country, how will I know what to do?  Will I be able to do it?  Will I be able to tell women "NO" when they offer me their babies, since they can't take care of them?  I want to take them all home in my suitcases.


Worried about the oppressive heat.  I like me some A/C.  Hopefully there will be some working somewhere while we are there.


Worried about forgetting something, getting sick or injured, getting lost.  These are the things that run through my mind at 4am. 
Why 4 am?  I have no idea, but that is when God wakes me and reminds to pray and give it all to Him- the one who can handle it all.
1 Peter 5:7
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."


Ahhh... that feels so much better :)


*If you would be so gracious to join us in prayer for our trip, we would be forever grateful.*

**If you would like to donate to our mission fund, please let us know.**
photo courtesy of nzpost

2 comments:

Judy in Indiana said...

I lived in southern Africa after college. I was with a group and we each had a role. Because my degree is in Athletic Training, I was the group nurse. Soon the villagers came to me for treatment and one even brought a cow. If I can provide medical care in a 3rd world country, you surely can do this in haiti. You will be in my prayers. The people you see will be blessed by having you in their lives.

Jessie Walker said...

Tia,
Loved ready your post and checking out your blog. I too get the 4ams! And this morning I did just what you did and boy did it work! A reminder that He is the one I need to turn to, especially at those crazy times when our sleep and thoughts are taken over by our worries.
Look forward to continuing reading your updates.
Much fondness,
Your English friends, the Walkers x0