Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Love Talks

We had a memorable dinner last night.  Nothing really profound, but one I will always remember.  

Every once in a while I pull out the  little table top flip chart called "Love Talks for families"  by Gary Chapman.

The first question was:
#29 Tell family members about a compliment or affirmation that you've received recently from someone outside the family.

This one didn't start the conversation flowing like I wanted, so I picked a different one.

Question #52 Each person comes up with a separate answer for every family member: "I know that something that drives you nuts is...."

Well, let me tell you, we have very perceptive kids.  They were imitating each other, and laughing and then laughing at each other laughing.
I went last and Joe announced (inadvertently), "now everyone tell Mom what drives you nuts about her."

Well, happy Mothers Day , lets tell Mom what we don't like about her.  Funny.

We got it figured out, and they were spot on.  I guess I'm pretty transparent.  
Aaron said "well you don't really say it bugs you, but you keep it inside and I can tell."  WHOA.. what?  He then went on to make a face, that I guess I make, when I'm keeping it inside and they all agreed he was spot on.

These kids, always reminding me of ways that God needs to keep working on me!

No comments: