I was in the kitchen making meals for some friends this morning and realized they were for 2 very different circumstances.
One meal is going to a friend from work whose husband died last night after a very long and painful battle with cancer. I wept this morning thinking of him in heaven with a new body. Walking, and talking with no pain. Praise the Lord. Sad though, his wife of over 30 years is left alone. She is a strong woman with a strong faith.
The other meal for a friend who is having her 5th baby soon. Those last weeks of pregnancy are exhausting. Hopefully we will be welcoming the little one home next week.
Life does go on......
Ecclesiastes 3:1
" There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven..."
I thought I would share therecipe for what I am making these fine ladies:
Tia's Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Double pie crust(I use the refrigerated kind)
2 cups Chicken cut up and cooked
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 can mixed vegetables
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Thyme
Mix together and place in the pie crust, put the other pie crust on top and crimp edges.
Bake for 40 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Let sit for 10 mnutes and serve.
I am serving it with salad and bread and chocolate chip cookies.
2 comments:
There are all kinds of ways to minister and comfort food is one of them....so sorry to hear about your friend. I know you will be an encouragement.
Thanks for sharing with Tasty Tuesday....linking back is a great way to have everyone join in on the fun.
you are such a blessing! I am so sorry to hear about your friend's husband praying you can continue to be a source of encouragement to her during these very hard weeks ahead. my family LOVES this recipe! especially hard for "the boys" to wait the 10 minutes to dig in. thanks for sharing it with our family! :)
Post a Comment