I Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
How encouraging is this verse to you? Well to me, 2 things stand out.
1. All of my temptations are not unique to me. No matter how Satan may try to make me feel. Men throughout time have overcome the same temptations I feel. I am not alone. That is encouraging.
2. Escape clause. That is how I see the last part of the verse. He gives me a way out. Now I just need His courage and discernment to see it and follow. This is also very encouraging.
joe
3 comments:
Amen, and amen, Joe...
This has been my life verse since college...not only does it provide a way out of any temptation, it let's me know I'm not alone in dealing with it. God is gracious, and will never let it go too far...so the problem is that my will just isn't strong enough. It also is a great picture of God's infinite grace toward us!
Joe,
Bill is out of town and i taught this to our youth group at church last night, it is so great to hear that you are not alone in anything. Just to think that someone else has done this is amazing. This verse got me through being 15 and pregnant, knowing that God will guide me through it b/c he planned for this to happen to me personally so that i may become the women/mother i am today.
Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks for both of your comments.
Rob, I am not sure we will ever understand God's grace the way he extends to us. Yet I feel it and appreciate it nonetheless.
Erica,
God can use difficult circumstances to teach us something about Himself. How comforting it is to feel his loving hand in restoration rather than his mighty hand in judgement!
I too know how consequences of sin are real and sometime life-altering. However, I stand in awe of His amazing Grace.
amen.
joe
Post a Comment