Friday, October 31, 2008

Voting

Derry Prenkert had a good post today about Christians and voting. If I knew how to do that nifty go to here thing I would do it. (BTW someone could always comment how to do that to me-just saying) We as Christians sometimes vote out of fear of who may get into office or who may not . I remember the election when Clinton looked like he was going to win. I felt sick, "what is going to happen to this world?" I thought. He seemed like such a weasel to me. (Hmm....) Anyway, I remember Joe reassuring me that God is control no matter what. I believed him and was reassured. As I have grown in my faith, I REALLY believe that and have a peace about elections now. God knows who will be elected, He cares for all those little babies who are killed every day. We must do our part- vote for who we think is the right candidate, based on our beliefs. Many men have given their lives for freedoms like this one- it should not be taken for granted. Yes, God is on the throne and will remain there. What a peace to know there is a constant.
On a lighter not- we survived the Clinton years!

No comments: