This is the title of our new series at church. I love it. It talks of stepping out of our comfortable lives and being brave for Christ and His kingdom. Being brave is something so different for each of us. We have had guest speakers from all over come and speak. Last week, the speaker was from South Africa. The verse he started with was " Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." He made the point that the verse doesn't start out with all these things will be added unto you and then seek Him. Wow- I do that. I spend so much time running around "adding". I need to "Seek" Him before all.
My first order of business? Get back into the habit of praying first thing in the morning. I started setting my alarm early and praying before the kids get up. Its working now- I need accountability, that is why I am writing it here-eek! I have always waited until the kids were off to school, or in bed etc. Other things then get in the way.
It is my baby step. Many things to pray for these days. I may have to give up sleep to get them all in hee hee :)
No comments:
Post a Comment