We have had a nightly visitor in our garage for the last few months. It is a momma racoon and her 2 "teen age" kids. They love our dog food which is kept in a garbage can in the garage. Living in a wooded area, it is not uncommon for us or our neighbors to have them visit. We are tired of them though. They have gotten so brazen as to break our doggie door into the garage.
When you start costing me money, your in trouble. We tried to poison them(sorry PETA ), I think they grew. We tried sprays and home remedy concoctions to no avail. Tonight, we are coon hunting with a live trap.
Joe and I are the biggest, goofiest city kids. We set the trap with their"favorite" dog food and some pizza. We have been out to check it 3 times now. The last time because I heard something when I opened the window to listen for them. One was down there, it had eaten the food and set the trap, but escaped it. "Screwjob" as our friend Brad would say.
We have since reset the trap and hope the big fat one is dumb enough to go in there. One of our neighbors feed the raccoons, so we are in for a long summer.
As for now, we wait.....
No comments:
Post a Comment