We are Cubs fans. This is more of a statement of pain than of hope. As I (Joe) grew up watching WGN day games as a boy in Northern Indiana I was disappointed more than rewarded. Here are 3 early memories of those long ago days of Cubbie watching.
1. Haray Caray being a "cub fan and a Bud man". Being probably 8 or 9 years of age when I first heard this ad call I didnt understand its meaning. I guess 30 years later I still only subscribe to the first half.
2. renkcub...... or Buckner backwards. This was quite enjoyable to a 10 year old boy.
3. Jack Brickhouse on WGN talking about Dave "king kong" Kingman. Strike out or homerun was the rule of his at bats.
There it is... my first post devoted to my beloved cubbies. My first and who knows... maybe my last. We will see.....
No comments:
Post a Comment