Monday, March 17, 2014

Menus and a recipe

Monday
Chicken Pot pie
Rolls
Orange jello with mandarin oranges.
Chocolate peanut butter chip cookies

Tuesday
Tortellini casserole
Salad

Wednesday
Chicken quesedillas

Thursday
Spaghetti with meat sauce
garlic bread

Friday
Left overs

I am taking a meal to a friend tonight and thought I would just make 2 and we would eat one tonight too.  It's chicken pot pie, one of our family's favorites.  I started making this recipe before we had kids.  My husband had lived on his own for just one year before we were married.  He survived on Dinty Moore Beef Stew, ramen noodles, banquet pot pies and chunky soups. He still loves all of those meals too.  I'm lucky, I don't have a picky husband.
I thought that since he loved his banquet pot pies so much I would just make some homemade.  It took quite a few recipes to finally come up with this version that is his favorite.

Chicken Pot Pie

2 cans Cream of Potato soup
1 can of mixed vegetables
1/4 cup milk
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
1/2 tsp of each: salt, pepper, thyme
Pastry for a double crust
Mix first 5 ingredients and set aside.  Place one crust in a pie pan, pour the filling in and top with other pie crust. Crimp edges, and cut slits in the top.
Bake for 40 minutes at 350.  Let sit for 10 minutes and serve.

chicken pot pie photo: Chicken Pot Pie chicken-pot-pie.jpg

No comments: