Monday, February 18, 2013

Menus and a recipe

We have the day off today, I so love 3 day weekends.  My laundry is caught up, house is somewhat clean and I am rested! Woohoo.  I took the kids to see "Parental Guidance" this afternoon.  It is the second time I have seen it and I cried again today.  It really is a clean, cute movie.
 Here are our tentative menus for the week.
Monday
Taco salad

Tuesday
Crock Pot chicken and dumplings
strawberries

Wednesday
Meatloaf
baked potatoes
salad

Thursday
Pork Chops
caesar salad
fruit

Friday
Chili

Weekend
I am off on a 7th grade retreat. They are on their own.

I tried out this new recipe a couple weeks ago.  It was a hit.  I took it to a friend who is pregnant with twins and not feeling so great, and she asked for the recipe.  That usually tells me it is pretty yummy!

Creamy baked Ziti


4 cups  ziti pasta, uncooked


1
jar  (24 oz.) marinara sauce


1
can  (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained


6
oz.  (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed


3/4
cup Sour Cream


1
pkg.  (8 oz.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese


1/3
cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pound turkey sausage, browned

 Preheat oven to 350. Cook ziti according to package directions.
Mix all ingredients and place in greased 9x13 pan.
Bake for 30 minutes





No comments: