With 4 kids and often our neighbor in the backseat, it seems we were always having squabbles over who gets to sit where and by who.
To solve this we numbered popcicle sticks and assigned a number to a seat. Whatever numbered stick they pull out is assigned to that seat. It was amazing how they learned to work together to get to sit where they wanted too. "I get car sick", "I don't mind sitting in the back" replaced the fighting, they traded around.
Now we just have to say, "pull a stick" and they figure it out peacefully. I still keep them in the glove box though.
We originated this on a trip to the Grand Canyon. We had been driving a lot with 5 kids and the fighting was horrible. After a quick trip to the DQ, with each of them getting a dilly bar, we used their used sticks and created this system!
Good Luck!
1 comment:
I only have 2 boys so there's not a lot of fighting over where to sit but this is a good idea for when friends come along with us.
Post a Comment