Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Menus

I am doing ok on the decreased grocery spending.  I still spend a lot on food. Fresh fruits and vegetables are important to me, that our family eat.  I was able to get a few things at Costco Friday on our day off.  I forgot what an ordeal it is to take all 4 with me to the store.  Geez, they are older, it should be easier, right? 
I had to tell the boys to stop wrestling in the aisles more than once. 
They got in trouble for going back for seconds on the samples. 
They wanted everything. 
I love the fruit at costco, but it is gone already and I won't get back there for awhile.
I am trying to stock up on a few things for spring break that I can.  We usually take already made meals with us, and a lot of groceries too, since the prices on the island can be high.  This year we are stopping in Washington DC for a few days before heading to Hilton Head Island.  There will be no fridge or freezer in the DC hotel, so I will be cooking in HH.  Eating out every night isn't an option for us.  One night out as a family and one date night is our usual.  I cook the rest of the time.
For this week! Joe is out of town most of the week, so it will be simple.

Monday
Baked Potatoes with the fixings (left overs from a friends party) FREE
Orange chicken from the freezer.
veggie stir fry

Tuesday
Potato soup (if there are leftover Potatoes)

Wednesday
Chicken fingers
mac and cheese
Berries

Thursday
Spaghetti and meatballs
garlic bread

Friday
Pizza or leftovers

No comments: