Tuesday, March 27, 2012

El Salvador


Annie and I are heading back to San Salvador,  El Salvador this summer.  We had our first team meeting last week and it got us both excited to go.
I can't wait to see Jose Manuel, our little boy that we support.  I wonder if he will even remember me?  Loving on him can be hard, he has had a rough life and doesn't trust many.  We pray for him every night and have his picture on our refrigerator.  He is a part of our family.  I am not sure he knows what a real family is.  His house parents and other orphans are his family.

We leave June 9 and come home June 16th.  We are excited to be able to participate in a Toms shoe distribution while we are there too. 

Ann will be helping with a VBS program for the kids and I will be on the construction team.  I am not skilled, but I am willing :).

Our fund raising is up to the half way mark with support letters sent out and Christmas baking funds.  Ann has been saving up, babysitting and birthday money.

 We have raised $2375 and we need $3500. We will hopefully be able to get that this next week.



The center of the volcano, has been inactive for 20 years.  Residents are still scared of it.

The kids and I with Jose Manuel.  We pray for him everyday!


One of four childrens homes on the Exodo campus.

No comments: