Funny old movie. "Meg, Meg, bo beg, bonanafana bo beg." Classic Tom Hanks.
We have had our little version, quite a few times with the house we currently live in.
2 weeks ago: Faucet in kids bath(single sink) starts to leak. Granted it was the original from 1974. I guess it was due!
I had the bright idea to put in a new sink top at the same time. The old one was, think to yourself 1974 yellow formica. U.g.l.y.
Joe decides while we are at it, lets make it a double sink. 4 kids in one bathroom, good idea.
His friend Darrel comes down and helps him install it. Looks great and it works. Which is a plus in our house. Only problem is, they chip the back splash and decide to just cut it off.
No big deal, I will just tile it all around. Good practice for El Salvador. I get decorative tile and we are set to go.
In the meantime, I bid on a new high efficiency toilet at the kids Winter Carnival silent auction at school. They were mortified when I am wheeling out a toilet in front of their friends. Other people get Colts tickets, nah, we get a toilet( only $46.)!
Joe put it in the next day.
Fast forward to today, I am trying to grout the decorative tile-UGH! Pretty yes, a pain, yes.
Now all we have left, is to rehang the mirrow because now it won't fit with the tile, and to install the drawer thingees, and re paint, and put a new shower curtain on and......
Just proves a simple little leaky faucet can lead to a 2 week renovation. Pictures to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment