The sanctity of marriage is translated into the holiness of matrimony.
"clipclop clip clop", thats me climbing up on my soapbox. ( I didn't know I sounded like a horse)
I am a really good sleeper, I mean REALLY good. But I was up late last night with thoughts running through my head. Only praying to my always available God would stifle them, and send me to sweet slumber.
You see, this past week has rocked me. It started with a wonderful surprise trip to Cancun from my husband. (we both turn 40 this year, and it was our way of celebrating. He has also told me it counts for EVERY holiday this year. He is covered!) You see we work very hard at our marriage.
We have to.
We read books, pray, go to cnferences, speakers etc.
We have come as close to divorce as you can get. Sin did a number on us, but Gods mercy and grace saw us through.
It sounds so easy, but it was years of hard work and Gods supernatural help in forgiving when I didn't want to. Thankfully God showed me how to love with the same mercy and grace He has always shown me.
Life can be hard, a good marriage IS hard. We can do hard. We have done hard. We are stronger for it.
The surprise weekend trip was wonderful and relaxing. My hubby and me love to be together and we travel well together. Gods creation is beautiful and we came home refreshed.
Then I returned to work to be surprised by a marriage of two employees. To each other. No one knew they were even dating(2 months). There is a large age difference and also a short distance from their last divorces. The flippancy and disregard for the holiness of marriage, literally made me sick. Ask my husband, I can't get it out of my head. I still am not sure what I can say or do. She knows my view, I have told her in the past.
Marriage is a committment. Not only to each other, but to God. Remember the 3 strands that are not easily broken? Joe and I come from a long line of divorce in our families. We vowed to end that cycle in our generation. A committment to love no matter how sick of each other we are, how annoyed, how mad etc. Believe me, that committment has been tested.
We then attended church on Saturday night. The sermon topic? David and Bathsheeba. How fitting. Dave Rod did a great job, "adultery is stealing". He didn't mince words, called people out on their behavior. Called David out on his behavior. But wait, David was called by God, " a man after my own heart". How? He had coveted, committed adultery and murdered to cover it up. Broke a whole bunch of commandments.
God forgave his broken and contrite heart. Just like He does for us.
I cried, as I do so often at church. Not out of sadness, but thankfulness. We have come so far, God has done a supernatural healing in our marriage and I will forever be thankful for Him and His forgiveness. I will tell our painful, but wonderful testimony to whoever will hear it and be helped.
I can do hard, and so can you.
"clip clop, clip clop" I am coming off my soapbox now.
I think I will sleep better tonight.
2 comments:
Wow. You both are amazing. Curt & I still look to you two as mentors, even all these years later. You have taught me so much about motherhood & being a wife. Joe has taught Curt so much about being a husband, father, and man of God. Together, you two have shown us real commitment, forgiveness, grace, and love. We are so honored to have you as friends. Naming Ryne after Joe is just a small testament as to how much we look up to you two. By the way, Tia was a girl's name we kicked around when pregnant with Ryne.
Love you guys!
Tia...words can't express how proud I am and how glad I am that you're my daughter-in-law. I praise God daily for sending you to Joey.
Love you, Sweetie!
Post a Comment