Tuesday, January 19, 2010

thoughts on Haiti

It seems as if my mind keeps thinking about all the
13
11
10
and 7 year old children in Haiti right now that are sleeping in the street, as mine sleep in the OWN bed.

that are wondering about their next meal, as mine complained about having to eat tacos for dinner tonight.

that no longer have parents.

These kids did not choose homelessness.  They did not choose hunger.  They did not choose to be orphans.

We live in a fallen world.  It is groaning like the pains of childbirth. It will someday cease and become new.  God is present in the midst of strife.

I am a jumbled mess.  I praise God my family is safe.  I cry out for those only seen on TV.  And I wonder why Haiti and not Indiana?  Maybe it will be Indiana one day.  Maybe Westfield Indiana.  Maybe not.

God is mysterious.  I fear Him.

Yet life can only be reconciled through Him.

the older I get, the more I dont know what I dont know.

jb

No comments: