Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cross Country Champ

Our boys have their Dads internal clock that wakes them up at 7am EVERY day.   As they get older they can usually fall back to sleep.  Joe is a pro at it now!  Anyway, Andrew came into our room sunday morning at 7 and said he couldn't fall back to sleep, so he crawled up in bed.  Now I can't go back to sleep.  So I go into Andrew's room to get in his bed- (don't ask why.... Im delerious in the early am.)

 Aaron hears me and then asks what I am doing?
He says, "just come snuggle with me".
 "O.K.  but why aren't you sleeping?' I ask.
"I can't stop thinking about the race"!

Well after playing in a soccer match in the morning....

He ends up winning the Indiana Middle School State Cross Country Race for 3, 4, and 5th graders Saturday.  Needless to say he is still pumped.  It was a 3k at Northview Church in Carmel.  He ran it in 11:47.0, he beat the other boy by only .1!  They sprinted 80 yards to the end, shoulder to shoulder.(insert chariots of fire video)

Go to here for a picture of the final sprint. He is the one on the right wearing the white shirt in case you werent sure.

Go here to see the plain-text official results.

We are very proud of him.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Aaron you rock my socks off! Hopefully someday when I grow up I can be as fast as you. Congrats on the amazing first place finish at STATE! Seriously! That's a BIG. DEAL.! Wait til coach hears about you! She will FIND YOU haha! 11:47...that's good enough to make varsity at the middle school already! So with some training...who knows how fast you'll get! AHHHH! IT'S GONNA BE CRAZY! WATCH OUT WORLD! HERE COMES AARON BENNETT!