Our boat docked in the morning and we all headed out on an excursion. The company paid for us to go on a Wildlife and sea otter boat ride. This boat is much smaller, but the water there is much calmer. We got to see otters-so cute, sea lions- very cool, humpback whales, puffins, other kinds of birds, and lots of bald eagles. We were spoiled last year in Hawaii seeing SO many whales up close, breeching and flapping their tails. Here, we just saw their backs and some tails.the scenery was breathtaking though. Huge evergreen trees with Bald eagle nests on the top, they are so majestic. The water is quite clear too, we could see a lot of jelly fish everywhere. I would not want to swim in it. I kept thinking of Finding Nemo!
After the boat ride we went to the small town of Sitka. There are totem poles, and an old Russian Orthodox Church we toured. The town is rich with history. We ate at a mexican restaurant and walked around town. Joe got a chocolate shake in an old soda fountain that reminded us of Cook's. We took a lot of pictures and headed to get the tender back to the ship. I was almost not let back on the tender because my ship date had rubbed off of my seapass. They had to call the ship and make sure I was on the ships manifest before they would let me on! I went and got a new card the next day.
We then had our Formal night at dinner. Fun to get dressed up, I just wore a cocktail dress. Food was again OK. Joe and I are not food snobs and will eat anything. (hence our weight problem!) A lot of the people we were with were very disappointed. Celebrity Cruise Line is supposed to be a step above the rest. We didn't see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment