Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!

Happy Birthday to my MOM!

I am not going to announce how old she is here but she was 30 when she gave birth to me. I will let you do the math. *SMILE*

I love my Mom. She is the best scrabble player that I have ever played. Although she uses the "Lorraine" version of the dictionary for words so it is REAL hard to challenge.

I am proud of my Mom. She is a published author of her childhood experiences growing up in the hills of Kentucky. The book titled, "Rainey Day Tales" used to be found on Amazon.com but I am not sure it is available anymore. It is an easy, enjoyable book to read, if you would like a copy just let me know. She also graduated Salutatorian from her high school in Michigan.

I love my Mom. While I was in High School in Bremen Indiana my brother and sister were adults (10 and 11 yrs older) so it was like I was an only child. My mom was a single mother to me so she had to juggle working full time and raising a son. As I look back I appreciate the sacrifices she made for me. She was basically at every sporting event I participated in from kg throughout high school. She made sure I had clean clothes on and fed me well. She even had to deal with the death of grandpa and the failing health of grandma.

I love my Mom. She is a great mother-in-law to my wife and adores her. She is very proud of all her grandchildren and my kids know they are loved.

May 25th.... Happy Birthday MOM!

I love you.

joe

1 comment:

mizrainey said...

Thanks for the kind tribute...you were easy to mother...I just had to go to the ball field, basketball court or football field ...to see you!