Saturday, March 21, 2009

Give me Your eyes...

I am not sure if you have heard the Brandon Heath song "Give Me Your Eyes" or not, but if you haven't click the link to watch the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTsYAZvHsEQ

The words to the song have been resonating with me as of late. As I sat in church this evening and looked around, I wondered what it would be like to have God's eyes for just one second. To see the hurting woman whose husband has left her, to see the family in crisis with no job, the couple desperate to have a child and to have waited for such a long time to adopt. Sometimes we come into church and plop down and are "fed", without ever looking around at the hurts around us.
I remember being one of the hurting and thinking "how can they go on and be happy and not even notice that I am miserable". Why I would think that I am not sure, because I hide my hurts down deep. To say the least I was challenged tonight, to seek out the hurting. Maybe to just pray for them, give them a hug, write them a note, I am not sure.
The topic of the sermon series is "Hope: Resurrected" and it is very good. There was a video interview with our good friends the Watts and their take on hope after losing a 17 month old son in a drunk driving accident. They shared their deepest hurt to help others, and I know it made an impact on the people around me. They have surely now been doubly blessed! Honestly though, I was weeping long before the interview. The holy spirit sure seemed active, and the singing and worship was amazing. We ended worship singing "Great is thy faithfulness"(I love old hymns) accapella. Wow- we have a big church and it was awesome.
Thanks you heavenly Father for a wonderful night with You, and I don't think I could handle having Your eyes, for even a moment!

No comments: