Sunday, November 23, 2008

Remembering Grandma

My Grandma(Mom's Mom) died Saturday morning. She had been sick for 2 weeks. She lived in a nursing home in Nappanee, but had been relatively healthy up until then. Here are some of the good memories I have of her.

She was a good cook-homemade pot pie and beef stroganoff are my favorites of hers.
Easter Egg Hunts and Christmas at her house
She loved Avon!
I have never seen her drive
She told me she prayed for me and my kids every day "I don't remember all their names, but I pray for them" hee hee
Holidays and birthdays were a huge deal at their house- gifts were her love language!
She sponsored me and Amy going to Costa Rica
We always called her Grandma Clifford-that was my grandpa's name-she never minded-I think I would have!
She always had a neat and tidy house with elf orange pop in the fridge.
She loved to crochet, but her arthritis was so bad lately she couldn't

I love you Grandma and I 'll miss you - See you in Heaven (with your brand new healthy body!)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

What precious memories you have. So very sorry to hear about her passing, but so happy to know the thoughts of her in heaven comfort you. Praying for your family as you prepare to say goodbye until you see her again, knowing it can be so hard.