who am I voting for?????
I can get cynical, skeptical and analytical. Ask my wife, I can even do all 3 at once..... however I always seem to come back to who I trust.
Not who I trust with my wallet.
Not who I trust with my retirement savings.
Not who I trust with my insurance.
Not who I trust with my kids education.
Not who I trust with my career.
Not who I trust in a bailout.
Not who I trust in a war.
Not who I trust to make a good speech.
What I have learned in my short 39 years about politics is that all men are fallable and my God is sovereign. They can promise a lot in a series of 30 second commercials.
So I return to trust. I trust God and God alone. Men (including me) will fail. We will break promises. We will let people down. We will be shortsighted. We will overlook our own miscomings and enlarge others.
So I try to vote as knowledge and information allows. Who is going to use their position to make a difference in the way my Savior would approve? I know, that is very difficult question to answer. However, mine is only one vote and it is how I muck through the wonderful process.
"Oh God, once again I ask for your direction." Pray with us as Tuesday approaches.
Joe
No comments:
Post a Comment