We broke our rule and let the kids watch a little TV last night and this morning. We thought it was a good idea to let them watch history unfold. It was also Aaron's homework, to watch a little of the election coverage. Well, Annie got up and saw who had won the presidential election and didn't say a whole lot. Joe sent her upstairs to get dressed, I went in a few minutes later to check on her progress(she tends to be pokey). She was lying on her bed crying. I asked what was the matter, and she wouldn't tell me. I kept prying, no answers. I finally asked,"are you upset Obama won?" "yes" she wailed. I reassured that God was in control and we were not in any danger.(she had a discussion on the playground about an impending 9/11 if he was elected!) She said "I know, I just didn't want him to win." I kept trying to reassure her and I prayed with her to no avail. I finally left her to get dressed. After praying before getting on the bus, she looked up and said " can we move to Canada for 4 years?" What a kid? What does God have in store for her? I better watch it, I may be the mom of a politician someday!
1 comment:
i did not say any of that!!!!
Ann
Post a Comment