I have a heavy heart today. I heard of two deaths yesterday. One, a 57 year old friend, a nurse I used to work with in Wakarusa. She died after a 3 year battle with breast cancer. What a brutal disease. She was so full of life, a funny, funny lady. She has been a school nurse for years and really just loved children. Her legacy in their lives will live on. She was the mom of 5 kids two of which are still in high school.
And then, I heard Lisa Lengacher died very unexpectedly yesterday. She was 39 with 2 teen girls. Her daughter came home for lunch and found her. They think she may have had an aneurysm. How horrible. I just can't imagine, and keep thinking of their poor families. They are believers, but we know their grief is overwhelming.
Our family knows, even when expected, it hurts so very much to lose someone you love. Time helps you deal with it, but the pain never goes away. It has been 10 years since Jane died and I cry as I write this. I miss her so. God has taught us so much in her life and in her death, as these families will come to learn. The pain is still so fresh now.
Have faith, our God knows the future, and He works it all out. Thank you God.
" For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11
God doesn't promise there won't be pain, but He does promise He will see us through.
No comments:
Post a Comment