Monday, September 15, 2008

destiny and cubs

rarely are the words "destiny" and "cubs" used in the same sentence. Usually the words frustrating, futility and failures are used to describe my beloved Cubs.

However... 2008 MIGHT be different...


Zambrano throws the first "no-no" which means no-hitter since '72...

Tia is convinced they will blow it eventually.. especially if they have to rely on Kerry Wood, "Why doesnt he just strike them out?" is what she asks and expects.

Notwithstanding my anger bursts as a kid at their lack of success (yes mom I did use a whiffle ball bat on the t.v. a couple of times...I promise I never broke anything!) I still believe in my cubbies.

GOOOOO CUBBBBBBBIEEEESSSSs......

At one point in my life I would have probably taken on a 2nd mortgage for a world series ticket. Not anymore, I have grown up and have different priorities but a trip to wrigleyville during a World Series game might be in my future. A good compromise.

Joe

3 comments:

ericamiller said...

Joe,
you really need to talk to bill about this, he says that if the cubs/sox go to the world series he will go in debt no matter what--shoot him an e-mail bill_miller55@yahoo.com
granted it would be fun, but at what cost.

Unknown said...

erica,

very funny.... no thanks I am not getting into the middle of that hornets nest... just tell him what is the use.... the cubs are going to win anyway!!!!

Joe

mizraineyblogs said...

Now Joe, I can remember you and I both crying bitter tears while yelling at the TV...I hate the cubs...I hate the cubs! And I have never, ever, watched San Diego play a game since!

So, that's where the scratches on the new TV came from! I guess we'd just have to shoot Billy if the cubs would lose to the white sox in a world series!

GO CUBS!!!!!!
Mom