I have been milling over in my mind what all I wanted to write and can't quite put it into words. One blog wouldn't be enough, so I will try to decribe the trip in a few blogs.
Amy and I had a great time and would recommend to anyone to go on a short term trip. Ours was so meaningful and yet we had such a good time, almost vacation like. We helped out at Project Abraham for 4 days, doing light construction work and working with the kids at the daycare and orphanage 2 mornings. We went on a "feeding" at Christ in the City, in San Jose. This trip has left an indelible print in my mind of the hungry and hurting. I cried as I saw women abused and scarred, with little hope. The hungry children running to our bus to get food. Smiling faces on some of the kids, living in filth. Sad, hollow faces on some of the kids who have endured who knows what.
We worshipped with the church at the project twice, amazing is all I can say. I loved it and can see me going back. It is the first time I have even considered doing something full time. Not anytime soon, but I am at least open to it now. Whatever God wants of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment