Thursday, July 31, 2008

day 5

Wendy's.... yep.... even though the documentary "super size me" was enlightening.... we dominated Wendy's for dinner.

then we spent $50 bucks at Kroger. Bread, doughnuts, milk, cookies (double stuff oreos variety..yumm), yogurt, waffles, and birthday cards... Queen B's birthday is next wednesday. Debated on the chili cheese corn chips........ but they didnt make the cut.

Kids are worn out! In bed and lights out by 9pm. That is typical for the school year but usually closer to 9:30 or 10 during the summer.

One thing about being a single parent....I am in need of conversation that does not consist of what we are having for dinner or what is off limits for snacks. Thanks to our friend Linda for taking Andrew to the park and then back to her house today I was able to get a few hours worth of uninterrupted work done. It was enjoyable!

4 days left.. they return on Monday evening around 6:38 *Smile*

joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what would make my return to teaching perfect? You with me in the math department. Northwood won't be the same without you. Won't be as fun. But you are right where God wants you.

Hang in there. You are doing great! Father of the Year!

Unknown said...

don´t worry about the door. We can fix it later. Have you checked Priceline, or are we waiting until I get home? Marcia says there is a lot of construction on the way to Chicago- to take the toll road, do we need to leave earlier than 9- if so call the kennel and make arrangements- number is in the folder Almost home- or check their website. I am going to shower off all this poison, and maybe take a nap before dinner at a mexican restaurant. I am hungry for pizza! Amy is too!

Unknown said...

I can't wait for you to get home Amy! I still can't get over the fact I'm getting a phone! Ahh!