Monday, July 28, 2008

Costa Rica

We made it safely to our destination. I am at a internet cafe typing this, we couldn´t get through to email though. It is simply beautiful and hte people are lovely. We are in a very poor area, we saw a squatters village of the poorest people today. We have gotten to go to church, a small group meeting, a festival and pilgrimmage in Cartaga. Google it, it is a pretty cool thing.
We worked at the project today all day. Amy and I pulled nails from boards all day, and visited the orphanage. Amy is ready to adopt them all. Good news is that the US will be allowed to adopt from there soon. We are tired and ready for a shower.
The food is great, we never go hungry. We are staying a t a bed and breakfast. Not anything like the ones in the US, but nice. We are sleeping in bunk beds. It is very loudoutside and hard to sleep, but we are adjusting.
Amy has been great. Making friends and being very grown up, she is working hard too.
So long for now.
BTW the weatther is beautiful, in the 70´s and breezy. The sun is hot and strong though. The mountains are beautiful, they remind me of the ones in Hawaii.

3 comments:

Amy Bennett said...

hello everyone!!! Its amy! I am in Costa Rica with my mom. In an internet cafe. THE COMPUTERS ARE EXTREMELY SLOW!!!! (Bri- kinda like our El Cheapo computers!! except worse) Anyways...so far i have had a great time! The only people close to my age in our group are two boys and they are still a year or two older than me. So I am the youngest. I have became pretty good friends with a girl named Jennifer(16) and Colleen who is an adult. We hang out in their two´s room and read our books. haha.
My mom and I and A lady named Beth share a room. Probably a third of the size of mine at home. I sleep on the top bunk and mom sleeps on the bottom. Our window is showing the street and it is really lound at night!!!! Who drives their motorcycles at 3am!?!?!?!? But I cant complain, we are staying at a bed and breakfeast. He (Franco, the owner of the B&B) feeds us well. He used to be a chef. the food is DELISH!!! lol. So far all we have done issss...; went to church, went to soul group (small group), and worked. Today almost everyone pulled nails out of the wood. Fun stuff. haha. But, even then, they gave us gatorade and cookies! YUMMO!!!! I miss everyone. I wish everyone could have come too! My mom and I were wispering during soul groups and we were saying "Dad would love this!!!! He would be dancing too!!!" When we all were dancing and singing. And when we were watching kids play soccor we were like "Geez! Aaron would love to play this with all the boys!!!!" There was something that almost all my friends and family would love about Costa Rica. But Im sure everyone would love the weather! It is 70´s and sunny with a breeze!!! (my perfect weather-btw) Anyways just wanted to let everyone know we were doing good! Im not sure if we will be able to get back to this Internet Cafe or not in the next week.. But you can still post and I will tell everyone about it when we get back!!! Please pray for us!!!!

Amy

Unknown said...

O-M-G Amy!! It sounds like you're having a total blast! I mean it. I wish I could have come too. I miss you like crazy and although you and your mom are doing an amazing thing down there.. You need to come back! We all miss you wayy to much. Hope I can hear back from you. ^_^

sami said...

Yay! I'm glad you got there safely. It sounds great in Costa Rica. That's sweet, you wanted to adopt all of them in the orphanage, it's really sad, isn't it?

Well, it's nice hearing from you, I bet you're having a GREAT time. =D