Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5 Favorites

My top five favorite things about summer:
1: Our back porch
Joe just finished remodeling our screened in back porch, it looks great. We eat out there a lot in the summer, it's shaded and just so nice. You can even sit out there and watch thunderstorms.
2: Symphony on the Prarie.
This is at Conner Prarie in Fishers. Most weekends they have concerts outside overlooking a field. You can sit on the lawn, listen to great music, have a picnic with your family and friends and watch the sunset. Perfect!
3: Bike rides
A new found delight this summer. We can all ride now without training wheels, and we have had so much fun riding trails together.
4: Ice cream
The Bennetts are big ice cream lovers, and we eat a lot of it in the summer. We even get to ride our bike to get some.(riding your bike to get ice cream cancels out all calories of ice cream-Just a little FYI)
5: Time with the kids.
Even though I feel like I am running them around all the time and their bickering gets annoying, having them home to play games and play outside and travel with is the best.

I can't believe schools starts so soon. I am trying to get things done now before we leave. We head to Chicago 2 days after we get home, so I will have very little time to get school supplies and clothes etc. then. I really don't buy them too many school clothes. They were summer clothes for a while and we buy jeans when it gets cool, otherwise they grow out of them too fast.

My anxieties now, are about Joe and the kids at home. I have never been gone this long. Andrew asked today what they are going to eat next week. I have food made, but that doesn't worry me too much. I think of things like" What if Annie's asthma flares up while she is at camp, does Joe know where the medicines are?" I have to have faith that God loves them even more than me and He will take care of them. Joe is a very competent parent and will do fine.
I better go get the suitcases out :)

No comments: